WIT Welcomes Six New Board Members
Washington Improv Theater is thrilled to announce the addition of six new members to its board of directors. Each brings an impressive skill set to contribute to the advancement of the WIT mission.
The new board members are:
- Lura Barber – Lura Barber is a nonprofit leader with extensive experience developing innovative and sustainable programs, policies, and partnerships that address the social determinants of health of older adults. Lura performs with House Ensemble Nox! and teaches at WIT.
- Hilary Joel – Hilary Joel is an executive coach and management consultant, whose firm WJ Consulting works with nonprofit boards and management teams. She is a co-founder and current board member of Compass, which provides pro bono strategic consulting to nonprofits. Hilary has completed the WIT curriculum.
- Sharon Klotz – Sharon Klotz is a museum professional and educator with 20+ years of experience whose work focuses on inventive habits of mind. She currently serves as Head of Invention Education for a branch of the Smithsonian focused on invention and innovation.
- Naib Mobassir – Naib Mobassir is a founding partner and technical director at Pivotal Insights, a boutique consulting firm that specializes in providing cost-efficient digital strategy for progressive political campaigns, small businesses, and nonprofit organizations. Naib has taken classes at WIT and is a stand-up comedian.
- Rebecca Reinhardt Roy – Rebecca Reinhardt Roy is an account executive with International Gourmet Foods. She also was a company player and director of outreach at Barter Theatre in Abington, Va., and has completed the Studio Theatre conservatory in addition to taking classes at WIT.
- Sean Rossman – Sean Rossman is an assistant editor for USA TODAY, where he helps oversee coverage of the White House, Congress and breaking news. Sean has completed the WIT curriculum and performs with Harold team Ruth.
May 5, 2020