WIT's board of directors supports the organization through strategic guidance, fundraising, networking, and more. If you're interested in supporting WIT through board membership, there's no wrong time to start a conversation.
WHO WE ARE
The board is made up of a diverse group of professionals who have experience in development and fundraising for nonprofits, marketing, event planning, real estate, operations, legal compliance, and more. Above all, the board consists of over 20 members who fiercely believe in WIT and supporting its mission in DC.
WHY WE SERVE
- Give back to the WIT community
- Network with other board professionals
- Maximize the impact of WIT’s mission: feeding joy, fostering community and connection, sparking creativity
- Help make DC a vibrant, creative place to live
WHAT IT TAKES TO SERVE ON THE WIT BOARD
Board Member responsibilities include:
- Serve a three-year term (ex. 2023-26).
- Attend Board meetings approximately five times a year and actively serve on at least one WIT Board Committee.
- Commit 1-4 hours/month to support board goals
- Give an annual gift of at least $500, actively use networks to pursue personal donations and sponsorships to meet board’s fundraising goals
WHAT OUR BOARD MEMBERS SAY
- “You can have a true impact working with WIT on a board level”
- “It’s a trusting team where people contribute their impressive skills and are willing to ask hard questions about what it means to be an organization in this particular place and time. It is a high functioning team on an emotional as well as business level – a rare thing!”
- “It’s a powerful community of creative, empathetic, civically engaged people who want to apply their time and talents to improving the lives and experiences of those around them through creative expression and art.”
Interested? Or know someone who would be a good fit?
Nominations for board membership are open! If you or someone you know might be an asset to our board, please fill out the form to make a nomination.
Who is on our board?
The WIT Board of Directors supports WIT’s work and provides mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by WIT’s Executive Director, the relationship of the Board and the Executive Director is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is essential.
While they all share a commitment to WIT and our mission, all of our board members bring diverse experiences and skills to the organization.
Expertise in the areas of fundraising, finance, marketing, and nonprofit management are always desirable.