Work at WIT: Now accepting applications for administrator
Washington Improv Theater (WIT) seeks organized, reliable, detail-oriented self-starter for part-time Administrator role. Administrator fulfills bookkeeping, administrative and correspondence responsibilities for the organization and provides general support to small, busy staff.
- Conduct and maintain accurate records of organization’s financial transactions, including: earned and contributed revenue, all expenses, employee payroll, contract employee payments, credit card purchases, etc. Pay bills, prepare checks, reconcile accounts, produce reports, and maintain donor records.
- Fulfill general administrative tasks including: program reporting, maintaining mailing lists, updating web site, coordinating space use, supply procurement, client prospect research. Manage some general correspondence (mail, phone calls, email) for the organization.
- Maintain company records and files.
- Provide general executive assistant support to the Artistic/Executive Director and other WIT staff as needed.
- Provide occasional customer service assistance to patrons buying tickets and students registering for classes.
- Create and help maintain processes to streamline WIT’s ongoing functions.
- Attend occasional board of directors meetings and board committee meetings, take and disseminate notes.
Desired skills, experience
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years equivalent experience in administrative environment
- High proficiency with Quickbooks and skill with numbers.
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and GoogleDocs environment.
- Personable and friendly; excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Not required, but pluses:
- Experience in arts, education, or community organizations
- Familiarity with online ticketing, class registration, fundraising platform/s
- Experience with improvisational theater
Salary and Benefits
Part-time position, avg. ~24hrs/wk. Flexibility in work week. Hourly Salary: $12 per hour. Salary subject to deductions for taxes and other withholdings as required by law. Potential for additional PT employment in other areas of the theater.
Please email a cover letter and resume with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls. Applications accepted through June 28.
WIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to promoting diversity in all areas of operations.