WIT to hold Harold Team auditions in January
WIT’s next auditions for our Harold team program will be held on January 13, 14, 16, 17, 20, and 21 at Studio Theatre (1501 14th St. NW). Exact room locations will be shared when the schedule is complete.
The deadline to sign-up is: Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2024 at 11:59 PM!
We will endeavor to include as many people as possible in auditions, but space may be limited so early sign up is recommended.
- making clear choices
- making agreeable, playful choices (i.e. yes and)
- keeping one’s point-of-view or “deal”
- having honest reactions
- playing with emotional believability and depth
- making moves that support other players
- sharing focus (i.e. give and take)
- recognizing and playing with pattern and game
- basic knowledge of the Harold format
Early sign-ups are encouraged—if all slots are filled we may be unable to add more. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need special accommodations. Auditioners must sign up online to receive an audition slot.
Harold teams currently perform on a rotating basis on Harold Night – Mondays with curtains at 7:30 PM and 8:30 PM, so players must have good availability for those shows (as well as a recurring weekly rehearsals with their team). These auditions are for the rehearsal/performance cycle from March to August 2024.
If you are interested in auditioning, please:
- Review carefully the Harold Team Mission and Expectations Document to get a sense of the program’s goals and how it works. There are recent updates to this document, so please review it even if you have done so previously.
- Make sure you are eligible to audition. Sign-ups who are not eligible will be removed from the auditions. Eligible players:
- have successfully completed or are enrolled in the Harold class at WIT, or
- IN SOME CASES, have commensurate training and/or performance experience. Audition eligibility for people with these circumstances will be confirmed on a case-by-case basis.
- Review the Auditions FAQ for more info on the process.
If you’ve reviewed everything and you are interested in committing to the program, you can sign up for an audition slot.
Check out WIT’s current roster of Harold teams here.