WIT Seeks Production Manager
Posted 9/16/22. Rolling consideration and interviews.
The Production Manager manages and meets the production needs for all Washington Improv Theater performance runs, classes showcases, and other public-facing performance events at rental venues throughout DC, including WIT’s one-year artistic residency at Studio Theatre. This includes oversight of lights, sound, projections, audience seating, riser configuration, sets and stage furniture. Other venues have included Source, DC Arts Center, Atlas Performing Arts Center, and others.
- Coordinate all production needs (primarily lights, sound, video, set/s) with Artistic/Executive Director, Operations Manager, multiple show directors, and/or ensemble directors and contracted designers and/or technicians.
- Coordinate load-in and strike for performances at venues in consultation with venue managers, lighting designers, crew, and/or other renters. This includes hiring and contracting, as needed and on behalf of WIT, lighting designers, set designers, technicians, and other personnel. Includes operating within agreed-upon budget constraints, maintaining communication about space use, and making appropriate space reservation arrangements.
- Document production details (lighting, sound design, sets) including paperwork, training checklists and manuals,
- Occasionally lead production training sessions for lights/sound operatives
- As possible, being on call during show runs to answer production questions and problems from on-site staff, and help provide coverage as needed to ensure success
- Production Manager should plan to be on-site for load-in and strike maneuvers.
- Production Manager will meet weekly or every two weeks with Artistic Director and Operations Manager for planning and review purposes.
- Production Manager reports to WIT’s Operations Manager and works closely with WIT’s Artistic & Executive Director.
- We estimate 25 hours per week on average, but work volume fluctuates with production schedule.
Pay: This is a part-time, hourly position at $25.00 per hour, to be reported bi-weekly via timesheet submitted to the Operations Manager and Artistic/Executive Director. This is subject to deductions for taxes and other withholdings as required by law or the policies of the company. Payment will be made via ACH Direct Deposit or in bi-weekly checks, or as otherwise arranged. Pay is reviewed annually as part of the performance evaluation process.
Benefits: This is a part-time hourly position and does not accrue leave, or employee savings benefits. Health insurance may become an option after a three-month trial period.
Professional Development: WIT actively encourages professional development and seeks to invest in training and materials to help team members master their jobs and build their skills.
To apply, please send CV and brief cover letter to WIT team, care of Mark Chalfant, Executive and Artistic Director, at email@example.com .