WIT Releases FY21 Annual Report
Washington Improv Theater has released our annual report for fiscal year 2021 (July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021) which includes a full year of activity produced under quarantine including virtual classes and performances like Hold Up and POTUS Among Us.
WIT’s accomplishments for FY21 include:
- Producing 160 virtual performances, including the fifth edition of POTUS Among Us, weekly reunions of Harold Teams from years past, and the birth of Hold Up.
- Spreading levity and laughter to hundreds of WIT community members with free, virtual Improv For All workshops.
- Continuing to hold weekly class sessions with our longstanding community partners while forging connections with new groups like Project Create and Capital Village Public Charter School.
- Helping organizations acclimate to remote work and foster team spirit across distances with WIT@Work workshops and trainings.
- Collaborating with Young Playwrights’ Theater’s AROW program (Abolishing Racism and Oppression in the Workplace) to conduct an assessment of WIT’s policies and practices, which will guide us in becoming a more inclusive, accessible, and anti-racist organization.
As WIT works to get back to get full strength, now is the perfect time to become a monthly donor to WIT. We’re seeking to find 40 new or increased monthly donors by the end of October—will you join us?