Employment opportunity: WIT seeks Marketing Associate
Washington Improv Theater seeks a part-time Marketing Associate to assist in the creation and implementation of market efforts in all areas of WIT’s programming, with a particular focus on performances.
This position will report to the External Relations Director and will also support efforts by the Education Director, WIT@Work Director, and Artistic/Executive Director. This is a new position that will likely evolve over time, with the possibility to grow into a full-time position.
This position is part-time (20 hours/week), non-exempt with some scheduling and telecommuting flexibility after an initial training period. Occasional night/weekend work (scheduled in advance) may be required. As a part-time position, this role is not currently benefits-eligible. Pay range is approximately $20/hr.
Washington Improv Theater is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and people of color to apply.
Areas of Responsibility
The Marketing Associate will assist the External Relations Director in creating holistic campaigns to promote all areas of WIT’s programming including the classes program, WIT@Work, community outreach work, and performances. This individual will help conceive online and offline marketing campaign ideas and be the primary person in charge of implementing the campaigns.
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the External Relations Director in evolving WIT’s institutional and program marketing strategies
- Maintaining an organization-wide marketing calendar
- Creating and deploying email blasts in Mailchimp
- Maintaining and developing content for WIT’s web site and social media feeds (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat)
- Analyzing web traffic with Google Analytics
- Developing content, keywords, and targeting strategies for online ads
- Coordinating partnerships with local businesses and stakeholders
- Assisting in the creation of marketing materials including performance programs, print/online ads, and other collateral
- Assisting in creation and tracking of marketing campaign budgets
- Other duties as assigned by the External Relations Director, possibly relating to development activities
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent written communication abilities; candidates should be able to write concise, engaging copy that fits with the organizational brand and clearly conveys information
- Solid working knowledge of multimedia software, particularly the Adobe suite
- Demonstrated ability to leverage social media assets, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Snapchat, to achieve strategic goals
- Personal accountability and the ability to adhere to deadlines and manage ongoing projects with minimal supervision; candidates should be comfortable navigating a fast-paced and constantly changing work environment
- The ability to be a self-starter, proactively offering creative ideas and proposing solutions when issues arise
- Experience working in a multi-tasking environment and the ability to prioritize projects and manage time
- At least one year of work experience
- Demonstrated expertise in Facebook and Google ads
- Video editing experience
- Familiarity with non-profit sector, theater, and/or improv theater
- 4-year degree preferred
- High school degree required
Why work at WIT?
Washington Improv Theater’s close-knit staff is nimble and effective, serving a fantastic community of artists, audience members, students, and teachers. Ideas go from concept to execution quickly with little administrative “red tape,” allowing a rewarding environment that is open for experimentation and innovation. True to the nature of improv, WIT’s staff embraces a “yes and” mentality and offers a supportive, trusting work environment.
- Indicate your interest by filling out this brief Google form.
- Then, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample as a single PDF. The email should be directed to Dan Miller, External Relations Director, at email@example.com with the subject line: Marketing Associate Position.
Writing samples should demonstrate an engaging voice. Acceptable samples may include press releases, brochures, email blasts, social media content, blog posts, etc. Academic papers are not appropriate.
No phone calls, please.
Closing Date: Feb. 17, 2019