Nox! + Poetic Resistance
May 5, 2018
Interplay is unlike any improv show you've seen before! WIT's own improvisers create exciting mash-up performances with special guests from the worlds of music, puppetry, poetry, dance, and more!
In addition to performances by our company ensembles and special guests, Interplay features a new artistic collaboration every week.
Improv ignited by poetry. Poetry ignited by improv. Poetic Resistance creates an unscripted performance based on a reading of a poet’s original work. To conclude the show, a poet will share an original composition written over the course of the show.
This performance will feature John MacDonald. MacDonald is a poet living in Silver Spring, Maryland. His work has appeared in such literary journals as Gargoyle Magazine, Poetry Quarterly, and the The Doctor T. J. Eckleburg Review. He has been a featured poet for Performetry at Bloombars, the DC improv troupe Poetic License, and Salon Disparu, hosted by Extinct Flightless Bird Collective.
- Line-ups vary nightly. Please verify the performing acts on your individual curtain times.
- For all shows, unclaimed tickets may be resold at curtain time. Late arrivals will be seated at WIT’s discretion.
- DCAC Members: Please call DCAC for the member code at (202) 462-7833.
- Washington Improv Theater strives to ensure its shows are accessible to all audiences at our home stage at Source. However, our guest venue DC Arts Center is not accessible to wheelchair users and may be challenging to patrons with limited mobility.
- If you have specific accessibility questions, please email us at email@example.com.