Huggy Smalls + Poetic Resistance
May 3, 2018
Interplay is unlike any improv show you've seen before! WIT's own improvisers create exciting mash-up performances with special guests from the worlds of music, puppetry, poetry, dance, and more!
In addition to performances by our company ensembles and special guests, Interplay features a new artistic collaboration every week.
Improv ignited by poetry. Poetry ignited by improv. Poetic Resistance creates an unscripted performance based on a reading of a poet’s original work.To conclude the show, a poet will share an original composition written over the course of the show.
This performance features 13 of Nazareth. 13 of Nazareth is a poet from Virginia, living with Epilepsy, a dry sense of humor and peace of mind over everything. He can be found on social media @13ofNazareth (the number not the word). All of his recorded works, including the most recent project Words Made Flesh, are available for download on his website: 13ofnazareth.net.
Using only their imagination and physicality, Huggy Smalls brings to life everyday experiences that take you on a wild journey to the most unexpected destinations.
Members: Em Fiske, JoJo Franzen, Richie Khanh, Chris Orvin, Henry Ring, Nic Small, and Jared Smith
- Line-ups vary nightly. Please verify the performing acts on your individual curtain times.
- For all shows, unclaimed tickets may be resold at curtain time. Late arrivals will be seated at WIT’s discretion.
- DCAC Members: Please call DCAC for the member code at (202) 462-7833.
- Washington Improv Theater strives to ensure its shows are accessible to all audiences at our home stage at Source. However, our guest venue DC Arts Center is not accessible to wheelchair users and may be challenging to patrons with limited mobility.
- If you have specific accessibility questions, please email us at email@example.com.