Nox! + Butt Kapinski
WIT Road Show at DC Arts Center - June 1, 2017
What will happen at the WIT Road Show? Your guess is as good as ours!
WIT’s company ensembles and special guests take over DC Arts Center in Adams Morgan with our thrilling, unpredictable performances! Each show’s line-up is unique and every performance is one-of-a-kind.
Think it’s a solo show? Think again. Private eye Butt Kapinski invites you to co-star in a film noir murder mystery. Join Butt in a seedy world of sex, sin, shadows and subterfuge as you take the ride of a full-on interactive comedic experience. Kick reality to the curb! Play in a world of dark dreams and bad similes. ADULTS ONLY. View the trailer.
BEST COMEDY, Fringeworld 2017
WEEKLY AWARD for INNOVATION, Adelaide Fringe 2017
WEEKLY AWARD BEST COMEDY, Adelaide Fringe, 2016
BEST OF FEST: Orlando Fringe 2015, Edmonton Fringe 2014, Calgary Fringe 2014, Hollywood Fringe 2013
★★★★★ “… Butt Kapinski is not just a show; nor is it just the name of the main character; it could very well be the name of a new type of theatre/comedy style.”
★★★★ “This is not audience participation, this is immersive comedy like you have never experienced. And we love it.” —THE SCOTSMAN
★★★★ “Terrifically inventive and invariably hilarious… A master craftswoman at work.” —FEST UK
Deanna Fleysher is a comedy artist, teacher and director devoted to audience inclusion . She created Foreplay, an erotic improv comedy show that ran for a year at the People’s Improv Theater in NY and was featured at the Chicago Improv Festival. She created, produced and starred in Kill Me Loudly: A Clown Noir and The Kapinski Private Eye Academy at the NY Clown Theatre Festival. She created the Naked Comedy Lab, a workshop for training in interactive/immersive comedy and clown/bouffon. She is the director and co-writer of Red Bastard, the internationally acclaimed bouffon show.
- Line-ups vary nightly. Please verify the performing acts on your individual curtain times.
- All online sales shut off at 6 PM the night of the show.
- For all shows, unclaimed tickets may be resold at curtain time. Late arrivals will be seated at WIT’s discretion.
- Washington Improv Theater strives to ensure its shows are accessible to all audiences at our home stage at Source. However, our guest venue DC Arts Center is not accessible to wheelchair users and may be challenging to patrons with limited mobility. If you have accessibility questions, please email us at email@example.com.
- DCAC Members: Please call DCAC for the member code at (202) 462-7833.