Join our team: WIT is hiring an operations manager
THIS POSITION IS CLOSED. WIT IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
Washington Improv Theater seeks an Operations Manager to aide in planning, executing, and administering all program activities for our driven and impassioned arts non-profit. While the operations manager reports formally to the artistic/executive director, this position works in close alignment with WIT’s results-oriented management team: the artistic/executive director, education director, external relations director, and WIT@Work director. Work includes creative collaboration with multiple stakeholder communities as well as independent, self-driven project management work.
This is a new position that will likely evolve over time. Women and people of color are especially encouraged to apply. Washington Improv Theater is an equal opportunity employer.
Areas of Responsibility
Job includes responsibilities across WIT’s program areas: performances, classes, community outreach, corporate training, fundraising, volunteer management, and general administration. The operations manager supports and implements the mission and goals of Washington Improv Theater while working as a team member in a fast-paced office. Specific areas of work include:
- Admin: budgeting and light bookkeeping/accounting, general correspondence
- Shows: scheduling and venue logistics, artist communication, tracking and reporting
- Classes: scheduling, venue logistics, volunteer management, student and teacher communications, tracking and reporting
- Fundraising: donor communications, donor stewardship, event planning, tracking and reporting
- Community outreach: build and foster sustainable relationships with community partners. Coordinate venue relationships, staffing, and enrollment for Improv for All workshops, volunteer program, other community outreach. Strategize and implement sustainable plan for increased engagement.
- Marketing/PR: Serve as frontline communicator for class students and show patrons, help produce web content and manage social media accounts
- Volunteer and Intern Management – design and execute sustainable volunteer management plan and intern program, building in that already in place
- Other duties, as requested by Artistic + Executive Director
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Highly organized
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Creative problem solving
- Personal accountability and adherence to deadlines
- Demonstrated program management knowledge and skills required
- Process oriented
- Experience working in a multi-tasking environment
- Strategic and systems thinker
- Over 2 years of work experience
- Comfortable working with large and complex spreadsheets and driving decision-making with data
- Familiarity with non-profit sector, theater, and/or improv theater a plus
- 4-year degree preferred
- High school degree required
This position is full-time, non-exempt with some scheduling flexibility but occasional night/weekend work required. Health insurance reimbursement and two weeks paid annual leave.
Indicate your interest by filling out this brief Google form. Then, please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to Mark Chalfant, Artistic + Executive Director, at email@example.com. Please combine all materials in a single PDF. Email’s subject line should read: Operations Manager Position. No phone calls, please.
Closing Date: March 19, 2017